Arcade

05-18-2022 08:00 AM
Hoquez
by
New Contributor II

Hey all,

I'm trying to configure pops-ups. The following expression works fine.

var formatService = When($datapoint["services_offered"]=='Health_Department/Clinics' , ‘Health Department/Clinics ’)

However, the expression is given below doesn't works.

var formatService = When($datapoint["services_offered"]=='Health_Department/Clinics' & 'Family_Planning_Birth_Control_S', ‘Health Department/Clinics and Family Planning Birth Control Services’)

Can you please share your thought?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

& would require both statements to be true, and the second "statement" is just a string of text. Also, it needs to be "&&" in Arcade.

The properly-written version of your statement would be:

When($datapoint["services_offered"]=='Health_Department/Clinics' && $datapoint["services_offered"]=='Family_Planning_Birth_Control_S', ‘Health Department/Clinics and Family Planning Birth Control Services’)

But of course, your field can't be equal to two values, so what you ought to use is "||" to return the value when it matches either statement. Also, consider throwing that field into a variable first, to make your expression more concise.

var svcs = $datapoint["services_offered"]
var formatService = When(svcs == 'Health_Department/Clinics' || svcs =='Family_Planning_Birth_Control_S', ‘Health Department/Clinics and Family Planning Birth Control Services’)

Of course, you could also make use of another function here: Includes. And also, when you are only checking a single statement, you can use Iif as well, though either will work. Both require a default value provided at the end, if I'm not mistaken.

var svcs = $datapoint["services_offered"]

var matches = [
    'Health_Department/Clinics',
    'Family_Planning_Birth_Control_S'
]

var formatService = When(Includes(matches, svcs), 'Health Department / Clinics and Family Planning Birth Control Services', '')

But then, that output string really doesn't make sense if an either/or match.

You'll probably need to provide more information about your data and what you're trying to do.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
Hoquez
by
New Contributor II

Thanks, Josh for your comment. I really appreciate your help. I'm trying to configure pop-ups on the dashboard. The full code is following- 

var formatService = When($datapoint["services_offered"]=='Health_Department/Clinics','Health Department/Clinics',$datapoint["services_offered"]=='Violence_Neglect_&_Abuse_Relate', 'Violence, Neglect, and Abuse Related Services', $datapoint["services_offered"]=='Healthcare_Services', 'Healthcare Services', $datapoint["services_offered"]=='Financial_Food_Clothing_&_Housi', 'Financial, Food, Clothing, and Housing Services', $datapoint["services_offered"]=='Violence_Neglect_&_Abuse_Relate', 'Violence, Neglect, and Abuse Related Services', $datapoint["services_offered"]=='Educational_Resources', 'Educational Resources', $datapoint["services_offered"]=='Pregnancy_Crisis_Services', 'Pregnancy Crisis Services', $datapoint["services_offered"]=='Child_Care_&_Day_Care_Services_', 'Public Child Care & Day Care Services', $datapoint["services_offered"]=='Counseling_&_Mental_Health_Serv', 'Counseling & Mental Health Services', $datapoint["services_offered"]=='Adoption_Choices', 'Adoption Choices', $datapoint["services_offered"]=='Crisis_Emergency_Services', 'Crisis Emergency Services', $datapoint["services_offered"]=='Employment_Services', 'Employment Services', $datapoint["services_offered"]=='Family_Planning_Birth_Control_S', 'Family Planning Birth Control Services', $datapoint["services_offered"]=='Health_Related_Other_Resources', 'Other Health Related Resources', $datapoint["services_offered"]=='Legal_Services', 'Legal Services', $datapoint["services_offered"]=='Pregnancy_Crisis_Services', 'Crisis Pregnancy Services', $datapoint["services_offered"]=='Special_Needs', 'Special Needs', $datapoint["services_offered"]=='Substance_Abuse_Support_&_Treat', 'Substance Abuse Support & Treatment Services', $datapoint["services_offered"]=='Transportation', 'Transportation', defaultValue)

var formatName = IIf(DomainName($datapoint,"agency_or_facility_name")=='Other', $datapoint["agency_or_facility_name_other"], DomainName($datapoint,"agency_or_facility_name"))

return {
textColor: '',
backgroundColor: '',
separatorColor:'',
selectionColor: '',
selectionTextColor: '',
attributes: {
formatService: formatService,
formatName: formatName
}
}

This code is working fine. However, I need to show two services for some areas. I tried different ways including your suggestion. But I haven't come up with any solution yet. 

I'm trying to add another service in pop-ups (see red arrow on the image)

Hoquez_1-1652890281004.png

I really appreciate your help. 

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

So, what does the data actually look like when there are two?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
Hoquez
by
New Contributor II

It can't execute arcade scripts. 

Hoquez_0-1652891440246.png

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

No no, I mean what does the actual row of the source data table look like? How can there be two values in a single field?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
Hoquez
by
New Contributor II

The data come from a hosted layer generated by a survey through survey123. In that survey, one question was about which services are available. There are 7/8 options for that question. 

0 Kudos
Hoquez
by
New Contributor II

For example, there are three services here. 

Hoquez_0-1652892087942.png

0 Kudos
Hoquez
by
New Contributor II

My issue is solved. I want to say thank you, Josh. I really appreciate your time. 

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

No problem! I was writing up a possible expression for you to use that makes use of Split and Decode:

var svcs = $datapoint['services_offered']

// Split up the value
var svc_array = Split(svcs, ',')

// Iterate over each service
for (var s in svc_array){

// Strip out "_"
    svc_array[s] = Replace(svc_array[s], '_', ' ')

// Format remaining values
    svc_array[s] = Decode(
        svc_array[s],
        'Violence Neglect & Abuse Relate', 'Violence, Neglect, and Abuse Related Services',
        'Financial Food Clothing & Housi', 'Financial, Food, Clothing, and Housing Services',
        'Counseling & Mental Health Serv', 'Counseling & Mental Health Services',
        'Family Planning Birth Control S', 'Family Planning Birth Control Services',
        'Health_Related_Other_Resources',  'Other Health Related Resources',
        'Substance Abuse Support & Treat', 'Substance Abuse Support & Treatment Services',
        svc_array[s]
        )
}

// Merge values back into single string
return Concatenate(svc_array, ', ')

Testing it out on a sample value like Family_Planning_Birth_Control_S,Health_Department/Clinics, I get the following response:

jcarlson_0-1652895072386.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos