4.x api Search widget and French characters

05-22-2020 10:27 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I am using the Search widget in some custom 4.x api apps.  Within the layers that my Search widget searches, there are data inconsistencies so that in some attributes the spelling may be Montreal, but in others it may be Montréal (with the french accent).  I have noticed that in the search of my layers it will only bring up results with the exact match of spelling if you type as far as the e.  Is there a way to have the search widget ignore the localised characters?  I'm guessing not as in the end it just turns into a sql query in the DB.

A fix might be to add another field to my data and replace any French characters with the English equivalent and include this field as searchable within the app.  The extra field wouldn't be noticeable to a user of the app.  Curious if anyone has solved this somehow at the app level, or if I will have to do it within the data.

With the ArcGIS World Geocoding Service results in the search widget, the spelling of Montreal/Montréal can be typed either way.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MohammedZaki
New Contributor III

Hello

Did you solve it?

0 Kudos