Select to view content in your preferred language

Deployment of Flexviewer

05-05-2010 03:51 PM
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor
I tried to deploy my customized Flewviewer project.  In the Flexviewer project, I can view the map either by
C:\Users\myName\Documents\Flex Builder 3\Flexviewer1.3\bin-debug\index.html
C:\Users\myName\Documents\Flex Builder 3\Flexviewer1.3\bin-release\index.html
In IE or FireFox, I can view
file:///C:/Users/myName/Documents/Flex%20Builder%203/Flexviewer1.3/bin-debug/index.html
But no map displays in IE or FireFox for
file:///C:/Users/myName/Documents/Flex%20Builder%203/Flexviewer1.3/bin-release/index.html
If I copy the bin-debug folder to another location, e.g.:
file:///C:/YanotherFolder/bin-debug/index.html, no map is displayed.
I don't know how to fix this problem.  Appreciate if you can share your experience.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
Open your Project Properties and go to Flex Build Path and change the Output folder setting.
0 Kudos
JaneCopeland
New Contributor
Dasa,
I had already done that.  I get an HTTP Error 500 - Internal server error.

Jane
0 Kudos
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
Are you able to load your Viewer fine if you manually copy the files to your IIS directory? If not, I'd get that working first (See Roberts tips above). Then configure the Project Settings so you can skip the manual copy step. You'll still need to create a release build when you're ready to have it used by your users.
0 Kudos
JaneCopeland
New Contributor
It works fine if I copy it to the server.  I was hoping to find a way to not have to continuously create a release build and copy it to the server.
0 Kudos
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
You can use the Output folder setting to copy it to a development server during your development and then just create the release build once you're done. The Release build dialog also lets you choose where to save it, so you may be able to use a unc path there or uses a mounted drive to have it saved directly to your server.
0 Kudos
JaimePrado
New Contributor II
Thanks Robert.

I'm trying to follow your previous post, but IIS 7 is a little different.  I copied the "bin-debug" folder into c:\inetpub\wwwroot\bin-debug.  I opened up IIS and right clicked the default we site and created a new virtual directory named Flex.  But, there is no option for read & execute.  Where can this be changed in IIS 7?  Everytime I use the manage virtual directory, Browse, I get the Adobe Flash Player 10 Action Script error message.

Thanks
0 Kudos
JaimePrado
New Contributor II
Oops, I found the issue!

Thanks for all the help.

jP
0 Kudos