The 2020 Esri User Conference has many sessions on the ArcGIS Open Platform. We want to make it easy for you to work successfully in a heterogeneous environment. To create an open and interoperable system, Esri has adopted a multifaceted approach, including support of: standards; direct integrations with non-GIS technology; direct read & write of hundreds of data formats; open developers’ tools; ETL tools; metadata; open source; open data sharing; and SDI.
Please visit us at the
Open Platform: Standards and Interoperability Esri Expo Area
Links will require conference registration until made public. Not registered? Click here to register for the Esri UC 2020, July 13–16, 2020 | The world’s largest, virtual GIS event.
Check out these sessions at the Virtual UC:
To learn more about Esri’s Open Platform approach and our next generation SDI work visit:
Stay Connected on GeoNet
- Open Platform: Standards and Interoperability
- Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) Collaboratives
- Data Interoperability
- ArcGIS for INSPIRE
- Ask Geoportal
- Esri's Open Vision homepage
- Open Platform Blog
- Esri Support for Open Geospatial Standards (white paper)
- Latest OGC Compliancy Certificates
- All Esri OGC Implementations
- How to work with GeoPackages in ArcGIS Pro
Esri UC 2020 Q&A
The Esri UC 2020 Q&A is chalk full of what you want to know. To learn more details on our Open Platform approach, start with ‘Components of ArcGIS – Open/Standards/Interoperability/ Metadata’.
- What is geospatial infrastructure?
- What is Esri’s role in geospatial infrastructure?
- What is Esri’s geospatial cloud strategy?
- How is Esri supporting open government initiatives?
- What are the different facets of Esri’s Open Platform approach?
- What is Esri’s approach to enterprise integration?
- Can you provide information on Esri’s participation in standards-related initiatives? What areas will see greater product support in the coming year?
- How is Esri supporting the vision of Spatial Data Infrastructure?
- How does Esri address the needs of SDI for the INSPIRE Directive?
- What plans do you have for improved support for metadata and search across the platform?
- What is a GeoPackage and what is the level of support for GeoPackages within the ArcGIS ecosystem?
- What security and privacy standards do Esri products comply with today?
- What steps is Esri taking towards meeting accessibility (WCAG, 508 compliance) requirements?
Components of ArcGIS – ArcGIS Pro
Components of ArcGIS – ArcGIS Enterprise
Components of ArcGIS – ArcGIS for Developers
- What are my options if I want to extend the ArcGIS Platform?
- What is Esri doing to support the open source community?
Capabilities of ArcGIS – Spatial Analysis and Data Science
- How does my data integrate with GeoAnalytics Server?
- What’s new with R integration and ArcGIS?
- How are Conda functionalities exposed and used in ArcGIS?
- What are Esri’s plans for an interactive Coordinate Conversion tool?
Capabilities of ArcGIS – Imagery and Remote Sensing
- Does ArcGIS support all imagery and raster formats?
- Can ArcGIS handle scientific and multidimensional datasets?
- What is Esri’s strategy for integrating lidar into ArcGIS?
Capabilities of ArcGIS – 3D Visualization and Analytics
Capabilities of ArcGIS – Data Management
Capabilities of ArcGIS – AEC and Asset Management?