The latest release of the ArcGIS Runtime Toolkit for iOS is here. It has been updated to work with the 100.8 release of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS.
This release includes:
- JobManager changes: Use UIApplication.shared.beginBackgroundTask instead of the background fetch stuff. Background fetch can take hours to get called according to the Apple documentation. Instead, beginBackgroundTask keeps the app alive for up to 10 minutes, giving most jobs the ability to finish or at least get to get out of the process download phase.
- Auto Layout fixes for JobManagerExample and MeasureToolbar.
- Updates minimum iOS version to 12.0 and Xcode version to 11.0 to keep inline with the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS.
- Fixes deprecation of UISearchController.dimsBackgroundDuringPresentation resulting from iOS 12.0 update.
- Change locationDataSource property of ArcGISARView to be of type AGSLocationDataSource instead of the subclass AGSCLLocationDataSource.
We hope you enjoy the new release! Let us know what you're building with it.