Web Adaptor Application Error

10-18-2012 04:43 AM
CameronMcCormick
Occasional Contributor
I have installed the web adaptor on a server in the DMZ so that we can allow our services to be seen to the "outside" world.
The installation does not give any errors.  I've followed up the installation with the web adaptor configuration and there does not seem to be an issue.
When I attempt to go to the URL for accessing the services directory, I get the following error:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18523[/ATTACH]
If I manually type the URL of <arcgisserver>:6080/arcgis/rest/services, it shows the REST services directory with no problems.

The machine is Windows Server 2008 R2 and was set up for reverse proxy access to our [now] old 9.3.1 ArcGIS Server services.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
ZacharyHart
Occasional Contributor III
Are there any errors in your Server Logs?

Oh, and what web server are you hosting the web adaptor on?
0 Kudos
CameronMcCormick
Occasional Contributor
We are using IIS 7.

Checked the logs using "DEBUG" and it doesn't give me anything besides:

DEBUG

Oct 18, 2012 8:57:04 AM

updating logConfig on this machine.

Admin

DEBUG

Oct 18, 2012 8:57:03 AM

Executor is idle and waiting for a job from the scanner.

Server

DEBUG

Server

DEBUG

Server

DEBUG

Scanner is sorting the jobs in the submitted folder.

Server

DEBUG

Scanner found that executors have '2' capacity to execute jobs. Scanning for jobs.

Server

DEBUG

Scanner found that executors have '3' capacity to execute jobs. Scanning for jobs.

Server

DEBUG

Oct 18, 2012 8:57:02 AM

Scanner is sorting the jobs in the submitted folder.

Server
0 Kudos
ZacharyHart
Can you change your Log filter to VERBOSE and try to hit the REST endpoint again, and then check the log?
0 Kudos
CameronMcCormick
Occasional Contributor
Verbose is not logging anything from my web adaptor error.  I hit the REST services page on another machine and it updated the log though.
0 Kudos
ZacharyHart
could you show a screen shot from your web adaptor configuration page? you are providing the adaptor with the appropriate domain name, correct?

Is SSL enabled on your GIS server and/or your web site? (i see you can access it from port 80, but i'm still curious to see what you provided for your GIS Server URL)
0 Kudos
CameronMcCormick
Occasional Contributor
Here is the webadaptor.config file screenshot[ATTACH=CONFIG]18524[/ATTACH]
GISAPPDEV is the DNS which is currently GISAPP4
We are not using SSL on this site.

I'm beginning to wonder if the reverse proxy setup is making this happen since there is a url rewrite on arcgis/rest* for inbound requests.  Could this be the problem?
0 Kudos
ZacharyHart
Hmm...you configured this via the webadaptor config site, correct?

The reason I ask is that your config file looks different than mine. The node is my machine name and the site URL includes my fully qualified domain name:

<GISServers>
    <Node>ARCGISWORKGROUP</Node>
  </GISServers>
  <SiteUrl>https://FQDN:6443</SiteUrl>

I'm not gonna be any help on the reverse proxy; our hardware firewall apparently obviates the need for one.
0 Kudos
CameronMcCormick
Occasional Contributor
I used the web adaptor config site and it's strange that yours is different.
I'm in the process of unregistering and uninstalling the web adaptor followed by a new install.  Maybe that will make a difference.
0 Kudos
ZacharyHart
I used the web adaptor config site and it's strange that yours is different.
I'm in the process of unregistering and uninstalling the web adaptor followed by a new install.  Maybe that will make a difference.

Are you currently hosting any other web applications on IIS7?? (and successfully accessing them that is).
0 Kudos