Select to view content in your preferred language

Web Adaptor Application Error

10-18-2012 04:43 AM
CameronMcCormick
Regular Contributor
I have installed the web adaptor on a server in the DMZ so that we can allow our services to be seen to the "outside" world.
The installation does not give any errors.  I've followed up the installation with the web adaptor configuration and there does not seem to be an issue.
When I attempt to go to the URL for accessing the services directory, I get the following error:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18523[/ATTACH]
If I manually type the URL of <arcgisserver>:6080/arcgis/rest/services, it shows the REST services directory with no problems.

The machine is Windows Server 2008 R2 and was set up for reverse proxy access to our [now] old 9.3.1 ArcGIS Server services.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
CameronMcCormick
Regular Contributor
Are you currently hosting any other web applications on IIS7?? (and successfully accessing them that is).

DOH!
After I reinstalled everything yesterday, I got pulled away on another project and didn't have time to work on this.  Overnight I had a revelation about the tutorial I used for making reverse proxy work and the new error I was getting after the install.  I kept getting a URL rewrite error using the localhost path and a 500 error on every other machine.  The IIS tutorial for reverse proxy sets up a URL rewrite on the default site, so even after I removed the "sites" from the tutorial the URL rewrite rules still existed.
Thanks for all the help LANDVEST!
0 Kudos
ZacharyHart
Honored Contributor
Cameron, good luck and keep us posted if you get it up and working. Having some level of resolution in the threads are good for those of us out there searching for answers.

But I understand your situation: getting pulled away just when you're this close to fixing something!
0 Kudos
CameronMcCormick
Regular Contributor
Works like a charm! *knock on wood
Got a map service and a few geocoding services up.
Link to our public facing ArcGIS Server site
0 Kudos
PankajChaudhari
Deactivated User
HI,

I am also facing same problem. Can you please guide me how you have solved that application error problem of web adaptor. Thanks
0 Kudos