Select to view content in your preferred language

Image service not starting properly when server is rebooted.

03-03-2011 05:59 AM
NicholasChase
Occasional Contributor
ArcGIS Server and Image Server are installed on the same server. Both are version 9.3.1. We have a .bat file that starts the services for both. When the server is rebooted, the services start via the .bat file. When adding the imagery service to ArcMap, the imagery group layers are not available(see attached screenshot). Once the service is restarted, using ArcCatalog on the server, the layers are then available. Has anyone else experienced this? Any help would be appreciated
0 Kudos
6 Replies
MarceloBorsoi
Emerging Contributor
Is Image Server registered with ArcGIS Server? Can you send a screenshot of your .bat file?
0 Kudos
NicholasChase
Occasional Contributor
Hello,
Yes, Image Server has been registered with ArcGIS Server and we have been successfully running ArcGIS Server services with Image Server services in them for almost a year.
I have attached a screenshot of my .bat file. The top version is what we are currently running. The other two versions are others that we have tried to no avail. Thank you.
0 Kudos
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor
If the delay for ArcGIS Server is not working.  I recommend setting up a dependency during the startup on the Image Server services at the Computer Management > Services level.  Set the Som service to wait until the image server is up and running. I am not sure why the delay is not working you have tried.  If you have more problems with the process, please be sure to log an incident with support to work on it directly.
0 Kudos
NicholasChase
Occasional Contributor
Hello Jeff,
Thank you for your response. How do you set up a dependency on the SOM service? I went to Computer Management > Services and went to the properties of the SOM service, but I was unable to make any kind of change to the dependencies.
0 Kudos
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor
The ability to add dependencies will be subject to your network administrator. If you have the ability to do so, then you will otherwise consult them for permission/rights to make the change.
0 Kudos
FabianAmarilla
New Contributor
May be the image service depend on a shared folder in a storage media that is not active when the operating system start, in my server the shared folder is in a storage media separately and it show the drive letter later, that may be cause the image service not starting or not finding the necesary files that run that service.
0 Kudos