Passing Field Value as input to Double Variable

10-17-2010 08:01 AM
PeterWilson
Occasional Contributor III
I'm tyring to use the stats calculated on my DEM to determine the Stream Threshold for the Arc Hydro tool - Stream Definition. The defualt value is 5000 cells. The prefered value for Stream Definition - Threshold is 0.5% of the Maximum cells. I have created a model that builds raster attributes, sumarises statistics and based on the maximum value calculate 0.5%. The value is currently stored in a table within a file geodatabase. I have created a double variable and selected it as a list which allows me to select the input value to be taken from a table, once I've chosen the stats table it asks what field, where I select the Threshold. The value that I'm trying to use is visible, yet when I try to use inline-variable substitution the input double variable found in Arc Hydro - Stream Definition won't accept inline variable substitution. If anyone can assist in how to solve this or a better aproach in calculating the threshold as being 0.5% of the maximum values of Flow Accumulation Grid. I'm tyring to automate Terrain Preprocessing to batch process an entire continent.

Regards
0 Kudos
0 Replies