Credits for Open Data

06-26-2014 05:37 AM
MaraKaminowitz
Occasional Contributor
Does anyone know if AGOL credits are consumed with Open Data and if so, at what rate?  I don't want to enable it until I know the potential financial impact.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
CourtneyClaessens
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Mara,

ArcGIS Open Data capabilities are included with ArcGIS Online organizations and have no additional cost or credit usage.

Courtney
0 Kudos
TimMinter
Open Data may have an impact on credit usage if your Open Data becomes wildly popular.  If I'm reading the "View Status" information in our subscription correctly, then credits are expended for Storage (tiles, features, files) and Published Content - Usage (tiles, features, tile generation).

So, if I add a hosted feature service that uses 10 MB of storage solely to provide public access, and it becomes wildly popular among users outside of my organization, then my credit usage goes like this:

• Storage:  2.4 credits per month (that's $2.88 per year)

• Bandwidth:  some unknown number of credits per GB of bandwidth (couldn't find it in the docs)

http://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/arcgisonline/credits

tim
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Tim,

If you store your data in ArcGIS Online there is a credit charge for hosting the data, but there are no additional charges for bandwidth or download. We kept the bandwidth statistics available in Online to help indicate a level of activity on the service to Administrators.

Open Data is part of your ArcGIS Online Subscription, and there is no additional charge for enabling it or using the software.

Hope that helps,
Andrew
0 Kudos
MaraKaminowitz
Occasional Contributor
Thanks, this is good to know.
0 Kudos
TimMinter
... there are no additional charges for bandwidth or download. We kept the bandwidth statistics available in Online to help indicate a level of activity on the service to Administrators.

Thanks Andrew, this is good info.

tim
0 Kudos