tfman716

Loop through query results  and pass in the numbers to another query where clause

Discussion created by tfman716 on Jun 6, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 23, 2014 by ejuser
I am a novice javascript programmer. I have my site working very well now to do most everything I want. I am stuck on the last couple pieces though.

I have a select button working where a user clicks the button then draws around an area to highlight points. These points then sum up a total amount and displays this total amount to the user. This part works great.

Where I am stuck is that I want to take the regions that these points fall within and then subtract that total from the whole regions total. So for instance:

A region might have 100 points which total $10,000...another region might have 50 points that total $5,000...If a user selects points from region A and region B then I want to pass back to the user the total of the new region and the new totals of region A and region B. As a test in my code I am passing back the region ID to the user currently  just to see if everything is working. I am only getting one region ID back though if the user selects points from multiple regions. How do I get all of the region ID's to come back? And then in turn after I get the region id's how do I do the other calculation on the fly? Below is my code for the function that sums the points selected and displays that value and just one region id. Thanks in advance!

// Sum Accounts Function
            function sumAccounts(features) {
                var imputedSum = 0;
    var regionSSO;

dojo.forEach(features, function(feature) {
                    imputedSum = imputedSum + feature.attributes.F80_Q_num;
     regionSSO = feature.attributes.EMPLOYEENUMBER;
                });    
                var formattedImputedSum = dojo.number.format(imputedSum)
                dojo.byId('messages').innerHTML = "Total 80Q Accounts: $" + formattedImputedSum + "";
    dojo.byId('messages2').innerHTML = "Rep SSO: " + regionSSO + "";
            }   

Outcomes