Simple Map Viewer template

06-02-2014 02:13 PM
MichaelThompson2
Occasional Contributor
I downloaded the Simple Map Viewer template and have been poking around in the html and css files. I can't seem to figure out where I need to be making changes in order to see them in the application with regard to layout, padding, colors, etc.

In the html file there is this bit

[HTML]    <!--Use protocol relative urls that way if the browser is viewing the page via HTTPS the js/css file will be requested using the HTTPS protocol-->
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://community.esri.com//js.arcgis.com/3.9/js/dojo/dijit/themes/tundra/tundra.css">
    <link rel="stylesheet"  href="https://community.esri.com//js.arcgis.com/3.9/js/esri/css/esri.css">
    <!--Load any application specific styles-->
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/main.css">[/HTML]

and I feel like this is an important area but I only see changes when I change the css file on the last line. The template comes with a few css files but not all of them change anything. the iPhone.css and the pavement.css files make some pretty big changes, but then when I go to edit those css files, those changes don't show up on the page. Am I trying to edit in the right places?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor
Have you included the references to these other css files in the HTML code? That would be something like

<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/iPhone.css">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/pavement.css">
0 Kudos
MichaelThompson2
Occasional Contributor
Have you included the references to these other css files in the HTML code? That would be something like

<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/iPhone.css">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/pavement.css">

I guess I don't know exactly how stylesheets work. You can reference more than one and they won't conflict?
0 Kudos
LisCollins
Occasional Contributor
For changing the layout, have you tired looking into the layout.js file in the javascript folder?
0 Kudos
JeffJacobson
Occasional Contributor III
I guess I don't know exactly how stylesheets work. You can reference more than one and they won't conflict?

It is very common for a web page to use more than one CSS file. A rule in later stylesheet (referenced lower in the HTML document) can override a rule set by an earlier one.
0 Kudos