C# Program/Python Script

05-29-2014 12:46 AM
LazolaBooi
New Contributor II
Hello, I need assistance with creating a program or a python script to automate the connecting of two nodes. I currently work with tedious sums of line data and, they must all be connected. Topology does assist in detecting Dandling Nodes, but I still have to manually connect the nodes. I need assistance will automating this long process. So if it can be done through C# programming in MVS2010 as I have ArcObjects, or even better, a python script that can do all of this.

There is a python script I tried, but due to licence issues, it did not work out. The python script access the Clean Tool found in the Coverage Toolset, but I do not have that toolset to access the tool itself. Also, I read about Bulk Sapping, which hopefully does the same thing but the code is in VBA.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
KimOllivier
Occasional Contributor III
To save you writing a lot of scripts have a look at the ET Tools third party scripts. They have extensive tools to clean up dangling lines. ET_GeoWizards.

There are some new snapping tools at 10.2 in the Editing Tools that do not use the Coverage Tools, but you still need a Standard licence.
LazolaBooi
New Contributor II

Thank you very much.. I did look at ET_GeoWizards and their snapping tool works quite well, but you require a licence to use it. So I have to develop my own in some way.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos