create points at line layer intersections

Jump to solution
05-22-2014 02:42 PM
GavinGlore
New Contributor
I am attempting to create a point layer that depicts intersection points of two line layers - I have a line layers for streams and roads and I would like to create an output layer that shows the intersection points.  I have completed similar analysis in the past, but am stuck and hoping that someone can point me to the correct tool.  Thanks in advance for any help,
Gavin Glore, EIT
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor
I am attempting to create a point layer that depicts intersection points of two line layers - I have a line layers for streams and roads and I would like to create an output layer that shows the intersection points.  I have completed similar analysis in the past, but am stuck and hoping that someone can point me to the correct tool.  Thanks in advance for any help,
Gavin Glore, EIT

Use the Intersect tool with the two line inputs and an output type of points.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor
Gavin Glore, EIT

Use the Intersect tool with the two line inputs and an output type of points.
0 Kudos
GavinGlore
New Contributor
Thanks very much!
0 Kudos