Select to view content in your preferred language

ESRI Logo not showing on my map. Why?

Jump to solution
05-16-2014 09:28 AM
AlexGole1
Emerging Contributor
Hi all,
It seems like It is necessary to show the web application with the "Power by ESRI" logo for any web maps. For some reasons, the ESRI logo is not showing on mine. I am not sure why. http://jsbin.com/ficetiwo/7/edit. Anyone has an idea?
Thank you,
Alex
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenFousek
Deactivated User
Scratch previous. The logo is there but map overflow is hidden. Why put all those extra elements in the map's domNode? They are making the map overflow. The only thing you should have in the map in the home button div.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies
BenFousek
Deactivated User
You are using a <section> for your map and not a <div>.
0 Kudos
AlexGole1
Emerging Contributor
You are using a <section> for your map and not a <div>.

hmmm. Does that really matter? I have just replaced section by div. The logo is still not showing
0 Kudos
BenFousek
Deactivated User
That might not be 100% true but it has something to do all the sections in the map domNode.
0 Kudos
AlexGole1
Emerging Contributor
That might not be 100% true but it has something to do all the sections in the map domNode.

Good to know. I will use <div> from now on. I am still unable to see the ESRI logo though. Thank you for your advice and help.
Alex
0 Kudos
BenFousek
Deactivated User
Scratch previous. The logo is there but map overflow is hidden. Why put all those extra elements in the map's domNode? They are making the map overflow. The only thing you should have in the map in the home button div.
0 Kudos
AlexGole1
Emerging Contributor

That's a good question. Well I just like to have the toolbar within the map frame. It can be resized by users, It is right there with the map and I think it looks good. That being said, I have no idea how to have the toolbar behave in a similar fashion to what I currently have without having the toolbar within the map element.
0 Kudos
BenFousek
Deactivated User
I see. You can use a border container as a region (no height or width required). Set the toolbar as the top region and the map as the center region therein.
0 Kudos
AlexGole1
Emerging Contributor
I see. You can use a border container as a region (no height or width required). Set the toolbar as the top region and the map as the center region therein.

Wont that mess up my header though? I am just guessing here.
0 Kudos
BenFousek
Deactivated User
Will not.

In your case:
[HTML]<div type="bc" props="design:'headline', liveSplitters:false">
    <div type="cp" props="region:'top'">
        header
    </div>
    <div type="bc" props="region:'center', design:'sidebar', liveSplitters:true">
        <div type="cp" props="region:'left'">
            left
        </div>
        <div type="tb" props="region:'top', splitter:false">
            toolbar
        </div>
        <div id="map" type="cp" props="region:'center'">
            map
        </div>
    </div>
</div>[/HTML]
(just for structure :))