Embed Points in Single HTML Map Page

Jump to solution
05-16-2014 02:15 AM
glennlawrence
New Contributor
Can anyone advise where I might find a tutorial on how to create a simple Map and add Markers/Points with popup InfoWindows and have all the code embedded in a single HTML page?

I have been browsing the Developer Samples but cannot seem to find a sample or tutorial on how to do this.

Many thanks in advance...

Glenn
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Glenn,

something like this? I have created map points and when you click on them or the buttons a pop-up will appear.

Tim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
25 Replies
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Glenn,

something like this? I have created map points and when you click on them or the buttons a pop-up will appear.

Tim
0 Kudos
glennlawrence
New Contributor
That's exactly it Tim,

Would there be a limit on the amount of markers/points I can have in a single page/map?

Cheers...
0 Kudos
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
I don't think so. Depending on how many points you wan't, your code will just get big.
0 Kudos
glennlawrence
New Contributor
Sounds good...

I probably won't have more than a couple hundred per Map so I would imaging this won't be too much of an issue.

Just as a side note, I'm quite new to Mapping and ArcGIS but looking throught the examples on the Dev site I can see we can add many options like Legends, Filtering, Searching etc. Will it be possible for me to incorporate these additions into that sample page you put together?
0 Kudos
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
I'm sure this is somehow possible, but most of those samples depend on a MapService published with ArcServer.
0 Kudos
glennlawrence
New Contributor
Ah, I see.

Is there are published list to show what can be used without ArcServer?
0 Kudos
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Not that I'm aware of. Depending on how knowledgeable you are with javascript, you can almost do anything, unless they strictly say it can only be done with a certain ArcGIS tool that you might not be able to access since you don;t have ArcServer.
0 Kudos
glennlawrence
New Contributor
Well we won't go into the js knowledge right now...:)

But I was also thinking about trying to use some of the pre-built apps from ArcGIS online. I seen some demos were you can create and share a Map on ArcGIS online then download one of the App templates. You then just change the webmap ID to point to the Map you created.

Do you know if I can do this and still manually add in the points that you put into that sample? I have a sample here that is using the Basic Viewer App. Can I manually add in some points also to this map?
0 Kudos
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Good question, but I don't know.
0 Kudos