Help with Custom HTML Popup

Jump to solution
05-01-2014 06:05 AM
MathewSuran
New Contributor III
Hi everyone,

I am new to all of this, most of which I have picked up over the past few months no serious issues.  I am trying to create a custom HTML popup.  I have figured out so far that in the properties of the shape file, I can alter what is displayed.  I don't want any attribute information to be displayed that is currently being displayed.  I want to have a value displayed that correlates to a specific range being viewed, an image and an URL in the new popup.  I saw that there are templates that come with ArcGIS 10.2 but don't know where to begin.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Mat
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Mat,

Welcome to Esri Forums! Thank you for posting your question here.

As you posted in the JavaScript API forums, I am going to give you a few JavaScript related resources to help you on your way.

Here are some examples of working with popups and the JavaScript API that you can download and modify:
JavaScript popup sample applications

For getting started with JavaScript and getting more comfortable with the core concepts, here is the place to begin:
JavaScript Tutorial - Build your first application

The JavaScript API works with services that are already published and online, so shapefiles and templates that come with ArcGIS 10.2 aren't really part of this conversation.

If you are still working on getting services published, here is a good resource to work your way through:
Approaches for publishing services with ArcGIS

Hope this helps!

-Noah

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Mat,

Welcome to Esri Forums! Thank you for posting your question here.

As you posted in the JavaScript API forums, I am going to give you a few JavaScript related resources to help you on your way.

Here are some examples of working with popups and the JavaScript API that you can download and modify:
JavaScript popup sample applications

For getting started with JavaScript and getting more comfortable with the core concepts, here is the place to begin:
JavaScript Tutorial - Build your first application

The JavaScript API works with services that are already published and online, so shapefiles and templates that come with ArcGIS 10.2 aren't really part of this conversation.

If you are still working on getting services published, here is a good resource to work your way through:
Approaches for publishing services with ArcGIS

Hope this helps!

-Noah
0 Kudos