Select to view content in your preferred language

Registering Database with arcgis server manager fails

Jump to solution
04-23-2014 02:12 AM
KirtikaChauhan
Deactivated User
I am trying to register Sql Server Database with arcGIs server manager. When I try to import the .sde file I get the below error :

"The connection property set was missing a required property or the property value was unrecognized. Connection was attempted with an older version of SQL Server client communications software that is not compatible with the SQL Server database server'"

Any help regarding what is going wrong will be helpful.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NidhinKarthikeyan
Honored Contributor
Please mention the exact version of Software (Including RDBMS Version), while posting on forum.

You have to install SQL Server native client on the machine where ArcGIS Server is installed. The version of SQL Server native client should match with the version of SQL Server. Make sure you select 64 bit client for ArcGIS Server.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NidhinKarthikeyan
Honored Contributor
Please mention the exact version of Software (Including RDBMS Version), while posting on forum.

You have to install SQL Server native client on the machine where ArcGIS Server is installed. The version of SQL Server native client should match with the version of SQL Server. Make sure you select 64 bit client for ArcGIS Server.
0 Kudos
NidhinKarthikeyan
Honored Contributor
It will be available in ArcGIS Server Software DVD, under the folder 'Support' or 'DBMS_Support_Files'.
0 Kudos