Clipping polygon to get proportion of attribute value-automate!

Jump to solution
03-25-2014 08:40 AM
YamMagar
New Contributor II
Hello,

I am trying to clip watershed polygon shared by two or more counties in such way that I would like to get area of watershed that falls in each county with proportion of attribute value (water volume).

For example: watershed has water volume(V) and Area (A) and falls in 3 counties. By clipping I will get new shape area ( i.e, a part of watershed, let's called them A1,A2 and A3) for 3 counties. Now I can calculate  proportion of V for each county manually. But I wonder if there is any advance tool in ArcMap to achieve this process without manual calculation. May be python scripting ?

Thanks in advance ! 

PS: I have dozens of watershed shared by few hundreds counties.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DaleHoneycutt
Occasional Contributor III
Use the Make Feature Layer tool and check the Use Ratio Policy checkbox in the Field Info parameter.  Use the output of Make Feature Layer as the input to Clip.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DaleHoneycutt
Occasional Contributor III
Use the Make Feature Layer tool and check the Use Ratio Policy checkbox in the Field Info parameter.  Use the output of Make Feature Layer as the input to Clip.
0 Kudos
YamMagar
New Contributor II
Thanks Dale ! I think this is what I want. Here is actual link: http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//00170000006p000000
0 Kudos