Resize the active area for features in an operational layer.

03-18-2014 04:21 PM
MasonJanczak
New Contributor
I have created a map using the java API with a operational layer that displays manholes.  When you click on a manhole the infoTemplate generates an infoWindow that shows some of the attributes.  Is there any way to increase the size of the "active area" (sorry I'm not sure of the terminology) that triggers the selection of a feature without changing the size of the symbology of that feature?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DavideLimosani
Occasional Contributor II
I have created a map using the java API with a operational layer that displays manholes.  When you click on a manhole the infoTemplate generates an infoWindow that shows some of the attributes.  Is there any way to increase the size of the "active area" (sorry I'm not sure of the terminology) that triggers the selection of a feature without changing the size of the symbology of that feature?

I am not sure to have understood well, but maybe you just need to change the tolerance of your identify task:

https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/jsapi/identifyparameters-amd.html

tolerance Number The distance in screen pixels from the specified geometry within which the identify should be performed

Davide
0 Kudos