svancise2

Use Transparency Settings from a Map Service in a Web App

Discussion created by svancise2 on Mar 11, 2014
Latest reply on Jul 19, 2016 by bflessner
Hi, I am currently working on getting a map service I have published to display in a web app using the js API. I currently have 24 layers within the service, 4 of which are polygons that I want to have a slight transparency. I have set the transparency for those layers in the .mxd and was wondering how to carry that over to my web app.

When I load the service as a DynamicMapServiceLayer I am able to display my data but the transparency does not work. I can see a transparency value when I look at the individual layers in the service directory. I also noticed that if I pull my service into an arcgis.com map that the transparency is applied correctly for my 4 polygon layers. My service was published using desktop 10.2 to a 10.2 server instance.

I have done quite a bit of digging and have not been able to find an answer.  Based on the nature of the app I'd rather not break the service into multiple smaller services. Essentially I am looking for a way to use the transparency setting that is visible in the service in order to have transparency on individual layers.

Sorry if this has been asked before. I have not been able to find an answer that worked for me.

Thanks!

Outcomes