Formatting outputs of Report function

02-19-2014 06:23 AM
NathanBrigmon
New Contributor
Hello!

Is it possible to format the output of the Report function?

For example, I have a formula (within a CGA rule) that calculates the average cost of a building based on price per square foot. The problem is that there is no currency or comma symbol to make something more easily readable like making "123145341" into "$123,145,341". This becomes particularly noticeable when exporting to a web scene for sharing with other people.

Any ideas on how to make this adjustment? Even something like "123-145-341" would be an improvement.

Cheers,

Nathan
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ElliotHartley
Occasional Contributor
Hello!

Is it possible to format the output of the Report function?

For example, I have a formula (within a CGA rule) that calculates the average cost of a building based on price per square foot. The problem is that there is no currency or comma symbol to make something more easily readable like making "123145341" into "$123,145,341". This becomes particularly noticeable when exporting to a web scene for sharing with other people.

Any ideas on how to make this adjustment? Even something like "123-145-341" would be an improvement.

Cheers,

Nathan

You can't seemingly display Report result outputs as text (it's only really for numbers and calculations).   You could give each report output a heading title equal to the value but it would be very messy.

I would have thought your best bet is to use python to take the raw number in the report, format it and make it an object attribute.  The resulting object attribute would then appear in the webscene if you exported it.   I suggest you explore the ce.setAttribute() function.

You might start at this thread:

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/91919-Report-gt-Object-Attribute

Hope this helps...

Elliot
NathanBrigmon
New Contributor
You can't seemingly display Report result outputs as text (it's only really for numbers and calculations).   You could give each report output a heading title equal to the value but it would be very messy.

I would have thought your best bet is to use python to take the raw number in the report, format it and make it an object attribute.  The resulting object attribute would then appear in the webscene if you exported it.   I suggest you explore the ce.setAttribute() function.

You might start at this thread:

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/91919-Report-gt-Object-Attribute

Hope this helps...

Elliot

Thanks, Elliot. I'll give that a try and see what happens.
0 Kudos