Cannot register ArcGIS Server in GeoEvent Processor 10.2.1

01-16-2014 06:48 AM
DennisGeasan
Occasional Contributor II
I upgraded ArcGIS Server and GeoEvent Processor from 10.2 to 10.2.1.  After doing that the GEP was no longer updating the target ArcGIS Server Feature access service.  In GEP Manager I checked the Data Stores/ArcGIS Server section under 'Site' and discovered that the registered ArcGIS Server had a red icon under the status column.  I have attempted to edit existing and create new registrations but no joy. Always the red icon.  ArcGIS Server is configured to use Windows Active directory for the users/roles management and the root level of services is set to private.

To further test I reset the ArcGIS Server to use AGS Built-in security and set the permissions to services at the root level to Public.  Still can't register the server in GEP.  ArcGIS Server and GEP are installed on a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine.

Note: I did not have this problem on a VM Ware Session running Windows 7 64bit.

Another Note:  I have to use Chrome or Firefox to run the GEP Manager.  I always get a blank page if starting GEP Manager in IE8.

Any ideas?
DG
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DennisGeasan
Once again, answering my own questions.  It looks like the only entry that works on the Windows Server is http://servername:6080/arcgis/. Previously the port number was not required since the Web Adapter is also installed.  On my VMWare machine (Windows 7) I do not need to use the port number.

DG
DennisGeasan
On further testing,  http://servername:6080/arcgis no longer works if using Windows Active Directory on the ArcGIS Server and services are not shared to public at the root level.  I will start another thread on that problem.
DG
JavierDelgadillo
Esri Contributor
DG,
Sorry the delay in responding.

GEP never supported any type of authentication other than username/password to retrieve tokens in 10.2.  Going through WebAdaptor was not supported at 10.2.

For 10.2.1, you should register a connection entering the URL that allows GEP to ask your ArcGIS Server what it uses to generate tokens.  So if your WebAdaptor doesn't allow requests to generate tokens, then you can't use that URL.

During registration, after entering the URL set "Do you with to use token?" to "Yes" and enter the URL to your ArcGIS Server.  If it's the correct URL, you'll see a section pop up telling you where to get a token from.  Do you see this?

-Javier
HeiJo
by
New Contributor II
Hi javidel,
I'm using GeoEvent 10.2.2 and AGS 10.2.2. The AGS is federated with Portal 10.2.2
I can't register AGS, also with the Portal. I tried many URL parameter but can't see what in your image. It always said "Invalid URL: Please provide a valid url for example: http://<hostname>:<port>/arcgis"
Could you please provide any way to solve it
Thanks
0 Kudos
JavierDelgadillo
Esri Contributor
Hei Jo,

I imagine your Portal is using HTTPS. Is the certificate configured on your Portal issued by a well known Certificate Authority? If not, you'll need to follow these instructions to import its certificate as trusted into GEP.

-Javier

Note:

• At the 10.3 release an enhancement to the GeoEvent product has been implemented which will have the extension automatically trust the certificate presented by the ArcGIS for Server core product.

• This trust extends to servers in the ArcGIS for Server site hosting the GeoEvent extension. You will need to import a certificate if you intend to connect to an external server - including an ArcGIS for Server site which does not have the GeoEvent extension installed. In this case you would import the external server's certificate using the ArcGIS Server administration pages.
  •  
It will no longer be necessary to go through the process of trusting a self-signed certificate or use the Java Development Kit (JDK) keytool utility to add a new trusted certificate. The steps for this, previously documented in the Connecting to sites with certificates issued by unknown certificate authorities via HTTPS topic in the product's installation guide (linked above) are obsolete with 10.3 and will be removed.
0 Kudos
HeiJo
by
New Contributor II
It works, Javier. Even my Portal's certificate is CA but I still need to import it to GEP. Thanks alot for your help
0 Kudos