Using the Javascript API with CityEngine Viewer

12-10-2013 07:41 AM
MarionConstante
New Contributor
Hi

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but I have a question regarding the City Engine Viewer in ArcGIS Online and the JavaScript API.  I created for my organization an ArcScene document with 3D models depicting different structures, vegetation, and other elements including a DEM surface, which I can export to a .3ws file in 10.2.  What I need to do is to create a web map with the 3d scene that can allow a user to view information about each structure with pop-ups, link to images, other documents, etc.  Does the JavaScript API currently allow for a dynamic web map with the .3ws file/City Engine Viewer or is there another (better) way of doing this, especially considering I most likely will not be able to publicly share the scene as required in ArcGIS Online.

Unfortunately, I do not have and won't be able to get City Engine. I also know ArcScene exports WRL files but haven't been able to get anywhere with that except viewing it with a viewer.

Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JeffPace
MVP Alum
sorry, 3d is not supported
0 Kudos
MarionConstante
New Contributor
What about embedding the scene into a webmap with a 2D map with features to be used for the pop-ups but also allowing a user to view and interact with the 3D scene.
0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum
"embedding the scene into a webmap with a 2D map with features to be used for the pop-ups"
not a problem

"allowing a user to view and interact with the 3D scene"
i am not aware of software to allow you to do this.  What software/api would you use to do this?
0 Kudos