cdallapiazza

ArcGIS server active directory integration does not work

Discussion created by cdallapiazza on Dec 9, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 16, 2015 by ASNSW
I am having trouble setting up our ArcGIS server to use Users and roles from an existing enterprise system (LDAP or Windows Domain).

I am able to successfully test the connection when I set up the integration.  However, when I go to the users or roles tab afterwards, I am unable to see the list of users or roles.  I just get a never ending status bar.  When I go to http://servername:6080/arcgis/admin/security/users/getUsers and try to get users from my domain, all I get back is the following:

(IP address of domain controller):3268 (in red)

I installed Network Monitor and what I found is that the ArcGIS server is hitting port 3268 of one of our domain controllers.  However, that domain controller is not a global catalog server.  It is not listening on port 3268.

I also found that during the connection test, ArcGIS server hits port 389 instead of 3268.  This explains why the test works but then I can't do anything afterwards.

Does anyone know how I can convince ArcGIS server to connect to the correct domain controller which is a global catalog server?

Outcomes