Select to view content in your preferred language

services1 vs tiles1 url in service directory

11-24-2013 07:57 PM
HumzaAkhtar
Deactivated User
If I use     [HTML]http://services1.arcgis.com/<id>/ArcGIS/rest/services[/HTML], I can see all my feature services and tiled services listed in service directory. However if I click on any of the tiled services, It shows '
Invalid URL
' error. I have to change services1 to tiles and hit refresh in by browser in order to access the tiled service. Is this a bug? If yes then is there a work around for this, so that I donot have to change url manually everytime I want to see a tiled service?

thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Humza,

We are looking into this. Seeing services1 is normal, but you should only have tiles not tiles1. Please send me a private message in the forums with your Organization info.

Thank you,
Andrew
0 Kudos
HumzaAkhtar
Deactivated User
Dear Andrew,

I can view my tile services by replacing services1 with 'tiles', 'tiles1', tiles2', 'tiles3' and 'tiles4. I am glad to know that you guys are working on this issue. Yes I can see all my services under 'services1' but I get an invalid url when I click on a tiled service, unless I replace services1 with the five variation of 'tiles' as I mentioned above.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Services and Tiles are two separate end points. You may see services.arcgis.com or services1.arcgis.com for your feature services and this is expected, but you should always only see tiles.arcgis.com for your tiled services. These are 2 different end points that are not related.

It sounds like you might have mixed up the two service types. Are you seeing something in the UI that shows tiles1 or tiles2?

Thanks,
Andrew
0 Kudos