AnsweredAssumed Answered

Map.graphics.add() not showing points on the map

Question asked by Meengla on Nov 13, 2013
Latest reply on Nov 15, 2013 by kenbuja
Hi,
I have inherited an ArcGIS JavaScript API project. I am very new to this API in particular and ArcGIS in general. Currently, one part of the code is very problematic--populating the map with some query task's results. Here is a code snippet. In the debugger I can see the returned results, including geometry of individual result rows. But they never show up on the map.

function showResults(results) {//This bounds the results into the data grid from doFind() function      var symbol = new esri.symbol.SimpleFillSymbol(esri.symbol.SimpleFillSymbol.STYLE_SOLID, new esri.symbol.SimpleLineSymbol(esri.symbol.SimpleLineSymbol.STYLE_SOLID, new dojo.Color([98,194,204]), 200), new dojo.Color([98,194,204,0.5]));       for(var i=0; i < results.features.length; i++){        //map.graphics.add(results.features[i]);     var graphic = results.features[i];     graphic.setSymbol(symbol);     map.graphics.add(graphic);      }              }    

What could be happening? I don't think posting thousands of line of code will help. But the debugger does show information for each row, such as:
map.graphics.graphics.geometry[0]->
- _shape=null
- type=point
- x= 283265
- y= 3955658
- symbol [object data]

and when I go to:
http://myserver/arcgis/rest/services/NPS_Location_Search/MapServer/0
then, under Drawing Info, I can see the colored dot object for Symbol.

I can give more info about how the various maps are laid out if that helps?

Thanks!
Meengla

Outcomes