Classfied Renderer  with Image service published using Mosaic Dataset

10-31-2013 09:05 PM
IrisGreen
New Contributor
Hello Every One,

I published a Master mosaic dataset  as an image service .It is a collection of 5 years of mosaic datasets containing Geotiffs
from 5 different years . When I see the data in Master mosaic dataset in ArcMap its in grayscale,so I classify it using Classify
renderer.

I make this Master Mosaic dataset timeaware, and publish it. When I see the image service after publishing, it is still in gray scale.
How do I refer to the classified renderer which I had used in Master Mosaic dataset in ArcMap so that my image service does not
come in gray scale. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Iris
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor
What you will need to do is create a raster function template from your symbology and then apply to the published image service. This should preserve what you are doing and allow the image service to be classified as desired when added to ArcMap or blended into a web map. 

Configuring an image service to use a raster function template

You add the .rft.xml files to the image service when you configure the parameters for it before publishing.
Steps:

1. If the image service is published and running, stop it.

2.     Access the image service properties.

3.     From the left menu of the Service Editor dialog box, click Function.

4.     Click the Manage button to open the Manage Raster Function Templates dialog box.

5.     Add one or more .rft.xml files to the list.

6.     Optionally, choose a raster function template to apply by default by selecting it in the Default drop-down menu.

7.     Click OK to close the dialog boxes.

8.     Publish the image service.

0 Kudos
IrisGreen
New Contributor
Thanks Jeff, this method worked ,but it only works for stretched rendering.
0 Kudos
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor
Which version of ArcMap are you using?  The rft should work for the information provided.  What is the published service doing?
0 Kudos
IrisGreen
New Contributor
I am using ArcMap 10.1,the published service is time aware weather data,so when i see the the service on arcgis.com only the stretched rendering's rft works , the classified renderer's rft doesn't.
0 Kudos