Zohara3

Add new map layer: extent and offset?

Discussion created by Zohara3 on Oct 29, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 7, 2014 by kbhimes
Hi, this is my first day working with City Engine and I haven't been working with GIS for long, so forgive me if this question is obvious.

I have an openstreetmaps layer with streets and another OSM layer with building polygons loaded into City Engine. I want to add a height map layer with a raster I converted to a tiff to drive the height attributes for the buildings like in tutorial #3. The raster was transformed in ArcMap to the same coordinate system as the OSM layers (WGS 1984) and they all project fine together in ArcMap. However, in CE it seems I just can't get the tiff file to project with the OSM layers.

I am doing this with 'layer-add new map layer'. I think my problem has something to do with the settings for extent and offset in the create map dialog (trying to import as a texture also doesn't work, I assume because of the same settings). I tried to find a place to view the extent, etc properties for my OSM layers, but I can't find anywhere to see that either.

Are these extent and offset settings most likely my problem and where can I find to what I should change these settings?

Thanks!

Outcomes