Server 10.1 install not working

10-11-2013 06:58 AM
gabrielvazquez
New Contributor
I have a weird issue going on with an install of ArcGIS Server 10.1. We previously had ArcGIS Server 10.1 working on our web server, manager and the rest pages were working fine. Suddenly the services stopped working and I started recieving the dreaded "HTTP Error 404.0 - Not found" error message whenever we tried to access the Manager or Rest Directory pages.

I've attemped to re-install ArcGIS Server multiple times, but I continue to get the same result. Server completes the install, I authorize server and the new Manager site attempts to open but again I get the HTTP Error 404 errror.

We originally thought the issues could be related to McAffee and/or related to recent Windows updates. We turned off McaFee Security and reverted our windows updates, yet the install issues are still occuring. I've also checked logs after install and I cant seem to see any specific error messages referencing the install or site access, etc. Below our some of our system specs, but at this point I cant figure out why the issue is occuring. Does anyone have any recommendations for what I should look at next, something other then security, firewall settings, etc. I am really at a loss and wonder if anyone else has any recommendations for what actions I can take next.

Server Info: Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
And we are attempting to install ArcGIS Server 10.1(Without SP1).
0 Kudos
3 Replies
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
Do you have a Firewall in place? Look at this article and make sure proper ports are open. Also let us know if using web adaptor.

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//015400000537000000
0 Kudos
gabrielvazquez
New Contributor
We do have a firewall enable. However I've created rules allowing access to Port 6080. We are not using a web adapter at this point.
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
what URL are you using for server manager?  If using localhost, try FQDN.  Example: http://bubba.bubba.com:6080/arcgis/manager/

or even try the IP. If not using Web Adaptor, then IIS is not in play. Is using a reverse proxy let us know as that can be a factor.
0 Kudos