customizing the attribute inspector from an editor object

10-10-2013 08:33 AM
MarcusHarner
Occasional Contributor
I am trying to add a 'Save' button to the attribute inspector, similar to the "Using the attribute inspector" sample.  I am also using the Editor widget to enable the users to add and edit features.  Per the API rference for the AttributeInspector and Editor widget, the AttributeInspector is used by the Editor widget.  In the documentation for the Edititor widget I can not find any reference to the AttributeInspector. 
Is there a way to reference the attribute inspector that is used by the editor widget, or am I totally confused about the object model?  Can you pass an AttributeInspector object to a new Editor when it is created?

Thanks for any insight or explanation.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarcusBush
New Contributor
In my experience with the Attribute Inspector, although you can add a save button, when a user hits enter in a textbox after changing data, or clicks off of the infowindow, the save is automatic.
0 Kudos
MarcusHarner
Occasional Contributor
The auto-saving feature of the Attribute Inspector is what I have found also Marcus.  And once used to just clicking out of the inspector dialog to close it, the process is very simple.  The powers that be want a 'Save' button that will effectively just close an inspector box.
It just seems a bit frustrating that the API reference does not show how the Editor and Attribute Inspector are related to each other.
0 Kudos