if gp service is asynchronous, do I have to create an asynchronous gp task?

Jump to solution
10-03-2013 08:45 AM
ionarawilson1
Occasional Contributor III
If my geoprocessing service is asynchronous, do I have to create an asynchronous gp task using submitjob or can I use the execute task function? Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RyanClancy
Occasional Contributor
If my geoprocessing service is asynchronous, do I have to create an asynchronous gp task using submitjob or can I use the execute task function? Thanks

Synchronous services are run via the Execute Task method and asynchronous services are run via the Submit Job method.

In the REST Services Directory for your ArcGIS Server, navigate to the GP service's endpoint. Down at the bottom you'll see a list of supported operations with either Execute Task or Submit Job. This will tell you which to use.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RyanClancy
Occasional Contributor

Synchronous services are run via the Execute Task method and asynchronous services are run via the Submit Job method.

In the REST Services Directory for your ArcGIS Server, navigate to the GP service's endpoint. Down at the bottom you'll see a list of supported operations with either Execute Task or Submit Job. This will tell you which to use.
0 Kudos
ionarawilson1
Occasional Contributor III
Thank you Ryan!
0 Kudos