Task Assistant Configuration Manager Will Not Save Settings

09-12-2013 07:24 AM
NicholasGross
Occasional Contributor II
The only setting I can get to save is the "Run as Designer" option, everything else just resets itself as soon as I hit the close button. So, if I want to turn off "Show Initialization Dialog on Startup" for instance, I open the manager, uncheck the box, close it, reopen and it's checked again somehow.

Note that the title bar of the manager reports that I have administrative privileges.

Windows 7 64bit
ArcGIS Advanced 10.2
Workflow Manager 10.2
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TopeBello
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,

These changes are administrative level and affect entries in your registry so it will require you to explicitly run as an administrator.
From the start menu, navigate to the Task Assistant Manager > Configuration and right click on it to expose the context menu.
Choose to run as Administrator, make your changes and click Close to persist the changes.

I hope this helps!

Thanks
Tope
0 Kudos
NicholasGross
Occasional Contributor II
Tope,

I have tried that method without any luck. I don't believe it is a permissions issue for two reasons:
1. The configuration manager reports that I have administrative privileges in the title bar.
2. I can change the "Run as Designer" option. I wouldn't think I would be able to change anything if I didn't have permission.

It is the rest of the settings that won't save when I change them.
0 Kudos
TopeBello
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Presto,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. This is a bug and we have resolved this in the 10.2.1 release of Workflow Manager. I believe this will be available to within the next month.
If you are a Production Mapping user, an earlier patch released contains this bug fix as well - http://support.esri.com/en/downloads/patches-servicepacks/view/productid/155/metaid/2028

Thank
Tope
0 Kudos