Text Symbol to Export Web Map

08-27-2013 04:28 PM
ShaunWeston
Occasional Contributor
I've setup some javascript code to add a text symbol to the map and then use the export web map task, but finding that what's on the map is different to what's appearing in the printout from the export web map task.

e.g.

var textSymbol = new esri.symbol.TextSymbol( "Hello World" ).setColor(

[LEFT]    new dojo.Color([128, 0, 0])).setAlign(esri.symbol.Font.ALIGN_START).setAngle(45).setFont([/LEFT]

new esri.symbol.Font( "12pt" ).setWeight(esri.symbol.Font.WEIGHT_BOLD));

If I add this code in to add to the map where a user clicks, then print the map, this text comes up as regular black text as opposed to what is shown on the map, so the angle, color and font family is not coming through to the export web map task. Is this not possible or am I doing something wrong in my code?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DominickCisson
Occasional Contributor
I've setup some javascript code to add a text symbol to the map and then use the export web map task, but finding that what's on the map is different to what's appearing in the printout from the export web map task.

e.g.

var textSymbol = new esri.symbol.TextSymbol( "Hello World" ).setColor(

[LEFT]    new dojo.Color([128, 0, 0])).setAlign(esri.symbol.Font.ALIGN_START).setAngle(45).setFont([/LEFT]

new esri.symbol.Font( "12pt" ).setWeight(esri.symbol.Font.WEIGHT_BOLD));

If I add this code in to add to the map where a user clicks, then print the map, this text comes up as regular black text as opposed to what is shown on the map, so the angle, color and font family is not coming through to the export web map task. Is this not possible or am I doing something wrong in my code?

Did you ever get a resolution to your issue?  I'm experiencing something similar... trying to specify a color for text rendered on a map export, yet it only comes out as black.  Is this simply not supported, or is there some special combination of settings needed to make it fly?
0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor
I believe this is a bug that was discovered in the 3.2 API and has not been resolved, yet.

http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/role/beta10_1/TklNMDg2NzI1
0 Kudos