Select to view content in your preferred language

How can i set the angle of MarkerSymbol without DOJO.

08-08-2013 12:31 AM
guoxiaoyi
Emerging Contributor
hi,guys,i wanna say the DOJO drove me crazy,actually, I wanna develop a GPS realtime track module, I've already get Map through javascript which using JQUERY. several years ago,we were using ArcIMS to implement tracking functionality with javascipt. but right now i really forgot it, i had partly code like below:
any advice will be appreciated,thanks in advance.

var trackRealtimeIconUrl = "http://127.0.0.1/vehicle.png";
var carPoint = new ESRI.ADF.Geometries.Point(Gpsinfo.lon,Gpsinfo.lat,spatialReference); //Gpsinfo is an object that including property of GPS terminal.
var carMarkerSymbol = new ESRI.ADF.Graphics.MarkerSymbol(trackRealtimeIconUrl, 22, 21, "pointer");

//i wanna declare PictureMarkerSymbol like this,but its void.
//How shoud i found the reference in this website, and it does not including DOJO.
//var carMarkerSymbol = new ESRI.ADF.Graphics.PictureMarkerSymbol(trackRealtimeIconUrl,22,21,"pointer");
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JeffPace
MVP Alum
The Javascript API is built with DOJO.  If you are using it, you are already using dojo.

In my opinion, it is as easy as Jquery. 

I know this is not the answer you want, but it is the answer.  You cannot use the API without using dojo.

That said, YOU don't ever have to write dojo.  There are samples on using jquery.
0 Kudos
guoxiaoyi
Emerging Contributor
The Javascript API is built with DOJO.  If you are using it, you are already using dojo.

In my opinion, it is as easy as Jquery. 

I know this is not the answer you want, but it is the answer.  You cannot use the API without using dojo.

That said, YOU don't ever have to write dojo.  There are samples on using jquery.

Thanks a lot,jeff.
We have so many JS frameworks to learn, maybe it is ExtJs,Dojo or JSon. so in my opinion, it's really time-consuming to grasp various syntax. I found a link that display some subject about Web ADF Javascript.but they're looks not fully.
http://help.arcgis.com/en/sdk/10.0/serveradf_net/conceptualhelp/index.html#/Web_ADF_JavaScript_Libra...
0 Kudos