Select to view content in your preferred language

Multi-frame application zoom level control?

08-05-2013 12:57 PM
BarryGuidry
Regular Contributor
I have created a multi-frame ArcGIS Javascript web application (i.e., multiple ContentPane's). I am finding that each ContentPane is showing up differently on different computers. I assume this is due to different screen resolutions. But, if use Ctrl+mouse wheel to change zoom level (using Internet Explorer 8 here), it eventually displays correctly. How to control (by CSS possibly) this on different machines / different resolutions?

I have tried different formats of this with no luck:
if ((screen.width=1680)
  document.body.style.zoom="100%"); 
  else document.body.style.zoom="85%";
0 Kudos
1 Reply
BarryGuidry
Regular Contributor
I have created a multi-frame ArcGIS Javascript web application (i.e., multiple ContentPane's). I am finding that each ContentPane is showing up differently on different computers. I assume this is due to different screen resolutions. But, if use Ctrl+mouse wheel to change zoom level (using Internet Explorer 8 here), it eventually displays correctly. How to control (by CSS possibly) this on different machines / different resolutions?

I have tried different formats of this with no luck:
if (screen.width=1680)
  document.body.style.zoom="100%"; 
  else document.body.style.zoom="85%";

The error, on the first line of code above, states the object doesn't support this action, referring to the "init.js" api file as the object.
0 Kudos