how to avoid auto save of Editor widget

07-23-2013 02:46 AM
AbdulMateen
New Contributor
how to cancel autosave of Editor widget, on attributechange of attributesinspector .

Editor widget should not save attributes automatically  directly to database untill save button is pressed in attributeinspector.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
the Editor dijit does not have a constructor option to require explicit 'saving' of edits, but you could implement something similar by setting enableUndoRedo to 'true' and specifying a valid UndoManager.  this would provide an alternative technique to allow users to revert an undesirable edit.

if you want explicit saving, i am under the impression that you would have to handle the editing yourself using applyEdits on the featureC
0 Kudos
DianaBenedict
Occasional Contributor III
the Editor dijit does not have a constructor option to require explicit 'saving' of edits, but you could implement something similar by setting enableUndoRedo to 'true' and specifying a valid UndoManager.  this would provide an alternative technique to allow users to revert an undesirable edit.

if you want explicit saving, i am under the impression that you would have to handle the editing yourself using applyEdits on the featureC

John, I believe that he was referring to the innate behavior of the editorWidget�??s AttributeInspector that automatically has the onAttributeChange event connected to Save the edits back to the database (applyedits).  This causes a lot of network chatter and also assumes that users always want to save the attributes after each attribute change.  There are some sample out there that add a Save Button in order to allow the users to save the attributes when they want.  I was going to initially suggest that he adds a dojo.connect for the attributeInspector onAttributeChange event and �??override�?� the functionality but I believe that he would have to disconnect the existing event prior to connecting a new event.  Is this a correct assumption? I create my own attributeInspector in my app so therefore I am able to connect the events that I want, not the ones that have been �??predefined�?� by the EditorWidget.
0 Kudos
AbdulMateen
New Contributor
John, I believe that he was referring to the innate behavior of the editorWidget�??s AttributeInspector that automatically has the onAttributeChange event connected to Save the edits back to the database (applyedits).  This causes a lot of network chatter and also assumes that users always want to save the attributes after each attribute change.  There are some sample out there that add a Save Button in order to allow the users to save the attributes when they want.  I was going to initially suggest that he adds a dojo.connect for the attributeInspector onAttributeChange event and �??override�?� the functionality but I believe that he would have to disconnect the existing event prior to connecting a new event.  Is this a correct assumption? I create my own attributeInspector in my app so therefore I am able to connect the events that I want, not the ones that have been �??predefined�?� by the EditorWidget.

The solution provided need some more details like

1.creating own attributeinspector with editor widget again autosave the attributes, can u provide me example editorwidget with createnew feature option with custom attributeinspector
2.if we use undoredo what if the user closes the page after edit there is no option to rollback
0 Kudos
AaronDrake
New Contributor
I am looking to disable this same functionality.  I have a feature class that has several attributes (25+).  Each time the user updates a value in a textbox or dropdown the form snaps back to the top of the AttributeInspector. 

I would love to avoid this situation...
0 Kudos
FlávioMelo
New Contributor
Looking for a solution to this also...
How come we can't provide a attriubuteInspector to the Editor Widget and there is no way to avoid this behaviour (auto save)?

We can add buttons to the inspector, we can connect to the layer "onBeforeApplyEdits" and all that.. but the applyEdits is always fired anyways :S
0 Kudos
MiriEshel
New Contributor III

Looking for a solution to this also....

The applyEdits is always fired anyways. It causes two problems at least:

1. Upon closing the page, the feature is already inserted to the DB without clicking on the "Save" or "Delete" buttons.

2. If I want to enable only the Create operation under Feature Access capability, I cannot use the Editor because it uses the Update or Delete operations underneath. If it was the other way around, I would create a graphic on the map, fill the Attributes form and only when I click "Save", it would create a feature in the DB. In that way I could have stayed with only the Create operation.

Thanks,

Miri

0 Kudos
Enguerranddes_Vaux
New Contributor III

I do the following :

this._editor.attributeInspector.onAttributeChange = lang.hitch(thisfunction (evt) { });

this._editor.attributeInspector.on("attribute-change"lang.hitch(thisfunction (evt) {
            //store the updates to apply when the save button is clicked
            this._editor.editToolbar._graphic.attributes[evt.fieldName] = evt.fieldValue;
          }));
0 Kudos