Problems with Identify feature

07-03-2013 11:07 AM
LisaT
by
Occasional Contributor III
I am using the javascript API and have built-in functionality where a user can either click on a feature to get its attributes, or draw a polygon around features to get attributes of all of the features.  I have about 15 cached mapservices on the map where this is working wonderfully.  However, it appears that 1 of the cached mapservices is not working at all!  Since it is working for all of the other mapservices, I feel that the mxd has somehow been set up inproperly or some attribute needs to be turned on for the dataframe, but I don't know where to start looking.  Identify and intersect appear to work on this MXD and all of it's layers when viewing from ArcView.  Any ideas of what I may have done wrong?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor
A guess but verify that the actual SHAPE attribute field is turned on in the one layer that's not returning features.
In Arcmap, Layer Properties -> Fields and then make sure the checkbox next to the Shape field is checked.
0 Kudos
LisaT
by
Occasional Contributor III
Thanks for your quick response!
I just checked and all of the attributes are checked, including the shape.  This is an mxd with 3 point layers.  I was thinking it may be tolerance and so have been playing with that, but considering that the draw-a-polygon-and-perform-an-intersect doesn't work, either, I don't think tolerance issues will solve my problem.  Any other places I can check?

EDIT: I just tested each of the 3 layers, one one of them is working properly.  It is the layer that only has 2 features in it. The other 2 layers have about 2K each and derive from the same shape file (total of about 4K features). I will continue trying to inspect the differences!
0 Kudos