Is there a minimum .NET framework one must target with SDK 10.1?

06-11-2013 10:01 AM
TimBarker
New Contributor II
I am working with Desktop Basic 10.1 and vb.net.  What version of .NET framework should I target when compiling custom components in visual studio? 

Are there any good references I should read about compiling arcobject custom components?  I have spent days searching and still do not fully understand what I should be doing.

(In a previous thread I detailed the problem I am trying to fix:  compiled code works on my PC but nobody elses.  Debugger code works on all machines tested)

Thanks for any advice,

Tim
0 Kudos
1 Reply
deleted-user-VeC5jUIlNXtq
Occasional Contributor III
Hey there,

"Visual Studio

At ArcGIS 10.1, .NET development using any edition of Visual Studio 2010 including Express is supported. However, development using other versions of Visual Studio is not supported.

.NET Framework

.NET 3.5 SP1 is a minimum requirement for any .NET development with ArcGIS 10.1. In fact, it is a prerequisite for installing ArcGIS for Desktop or ArcGIS Engine for Windows.

Additionally, you can use and develop against the .NET 4.0 Framework. If doing so, you need to install the 4.0 Framework in addition to 3.5 SP1, since 4.0 does not include 3.5. For more information on working with .NET 4.0, see .NET 4.0 support for ArcGIS 10.1 Desktop and Engine developers. "

Taken from here: http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/arcobjects-net/conceptualhelp/index.html#//000100000p7w000000
0 Kudos