Registered Database Error

06-10-2013 07:56 AM
BrendanHoover
New Contributor
Hello,

I am attempting to Register a database on a SDE 10.1 server using SQL Server 2008, however when I attempt to register the
data base I receive the following error:

"The connection property set was missing a required property or the property value was unrecognized. Bad login user"

The "bad login user" suggests that permissions are perhaps not available for the current user (me), however I am using the admin sign in, which has full permissions.

Any help would be greatly appreciate, I have not seen this problem before or anywhere else in the forums.

Thank you
0 Kudos
5 Replies
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
BrendanHoover
New Contributor
Hi thanks for the help. However the way our server is set up, we don't have agsusers. Instead authentication is done via the OS. Is
there another work around with OS authentication?

Thanks again
0 Kudos
StephanieSnider
Occasional Contributor III
Make sure the SQL Server 64-bit Native client is installed on the ArcGIS Server server.  Also, are you using a customized port on the SQL Server machine?  We do.  This is what my database connection information looks like:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25229[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
KimPeter
Esri Contributor
Brendan,

You probably got past this by now, but in case you didn't...it is because you are using OS authentication that you have to add the ArcGIS Server Administrator to your SQL Server instance and database, as indicated in the linked post.  When the Database Connection file is set to use OS authentication, ArcGIS Server will connect to the registered database as the ArcGIS Server Administrator login (the ags account mentioned in the link).  If you haven't added that account as a login to your instance and as a user in the database, ArcGIS Server will not be able to connect.
GeomolgPortal
New Contributor II

I’m experiencing the same issue

Clip_6.jpg

0 Kudos