AnsweredAssumed Answered

Registering Enterprise Database

Question asked by tsaksa on May 28, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 29, 2015 by cenipalma
Hi All,

I have created a new enterprise database with new data to be published to ArcServer.  Every time I register the new database to the GIS server it goes through just fine.  Here is the issue, when I go to publish the new data I get the same error no matter if it is one feature class or multiple from this new database.  I have gone through and tried double clicking on the error and registering the database that way and re-analyzing the service and it gives the same error over and over again. 

Error info:  Severity (High)/Status (Unresolved)/Code (24011)/Description (Layer's data source is not registered with the server and data will be copied to the server)/Name (layer name )/...

I have registered the new database all the ways possible, the web manager, Server Properties on Catalog, and double clicking the error.  No matter what I do the same error comes up.

I am using SQL Server 2008 R2, ArcServer 10.1.  The other thing is I have other databases in this SQL instance that are shared via ArcServer that are registered and working properly.

Am I missing a step to get the new databases shared with ArcServer?????  I have even tried recreating the database via Toolbox and recreating it via SQL Server Management Studio, it comes back with the same error.  Also Both schema types dbo and sde, doesn't matter.

Thanks in advance.

Outcomes