Select to view content in your preferred language

Problems with token endpoint from external IP

Jump to solution
04-28-2015 11:26 AM
Lars_HalvorAnundskaas
Deactivated User

Hi,

On my arcgis server installation I can browse the rest endpoint from both the internal and external (set on the firewall/load balancer) IP.

However, when I try to visit /arcgis/tokens, it only works when using the internal IP address.

Accessing it with the external IP just hangs and eventually it times out.

Anyone have an idea what this can be?

Lars

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lars_HalvorAnundskaas
Deactivated User

Hi,

Web adaptor yeah, on the same box, not using HTTPS.

I got this problem solved just a couple hours ago, the problem was that the server didn't reach it's own external IP address. My network dude fixed this and the problem was solved.

I find it a bit wierd. If i had not reached it at all it would be quite clear that arcgis server makes some requests to itself when accessing /tokens - but why does it come up after a minute or two?

Lars

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Lars_HalvorAnundskaas
Deactivated User

Actually the token endpoint does come up through the external ip, sometimes, but after like 90 seconds. With internal ip it comes up immediately.

0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor

- When do you say external you mean using web adaptor or without ?

- what's the version of arcgis server ?

- Do you use http or https ?

- if you use web adaptor : is it installed on same machine of arcgis server?

0 Kudos
Lars_HalvorAnundskaas
Deactivated User

Hi,

Web adaptor yeah, on the same box, not using HTTPS.

I got this problem solved just a couple hours ago, the problem was that the server didn't reach it's own external IP address. My network dude fixed this and the problem was solved.

I find it a bit wierd. If i had not reached it at all it would be quite clear that arcgis server makes some requests to itself when accessing /tokens - but why does it come up after a minute or two?

Lars

0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor

In code of web adaptor is used surely method Dns.GetHostEntry Dns.GetHostEntry Method (String) (System.Net)  or similar so it's possibly if you have problem with dns it resolves slowly( System.Net.DNS.GetHostEntry )

0 Kudos