AnsweredAssumed Answered

When to upgrade the SDE SQL server when going from existing SDE on 10.0 to 10.1?

Question asked by janiegoddard on May 16, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 27, 2013 by janiegoddard
Hi,
I am upgrading ArcGIS Server from 10.0 to 10.1 and I am running Windows 2008 R2 with IIS on both servers. I have an Enterprise Web Server and an ArcGIS Server that has the SQL Server SDE 10.0 on it also. From all the reading getting ready, my understanding is I uninstall the old version 10.0. Then I install ArcGIS Server 10.1 on the ArcGIS Server. Then I make the web Site on the ArcGIS Server. I register all my SDE gdbs on the ArcGIS Server. I recreate all my web services on the ArcGIS Server. Then I install the Web Apaptor on the Enterprise Web Server. In my reading of the documentation and watching the really helpful short videos on the installation process, I didn't see anything about when or if I would need to upgrade my SDE to 10.1. I do have an ArcSDE_Windows_101... iso file on my installation media. I, of course, have the Desktop and ArcGIS server iso files on the installation media.

Bottom line is do I run the ArcSDE Windows 10.1 install? If I do at which step or point do I run this in the installation process?

Helpful installation videos:
http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2012/06/20/new-videos-walk-you-through-arcgis-10-1-for-server/

Thanks, Janie

Outcomes