Slow Publishing Through Desktop Using Windows Authentication/LDAP

Jump to solution
05-10-2013 09:53 PM
JoshuaWhitener
New Contributor II
I've installed ArcGIS for Server 10.1 SP1 on a Windows Server 2012 VM. I have successfully gotten ArcGIS Server to work with Services using "Windows Domain" and LDAP for User and Role Stores. Permissions are working properly at this point.

However, It is extremely slow when using OSA (Operating System Authentication) on ArcGIS for Desktop. Publishing takes up to 10 minutes, even clicking on collapsing the server folders takes several minutes and freezes up Desktop during this time. When using Windows Domain I am able to use the PSA (Primary Site Administrator) for publishing and this is not delayed at all. I am trying to set up a development/production environment with two servers. Both Servers are experiencing this problem.

I will note using Flex as a web application for serving out services, the delay is hardly noticeable. It is only in Desktop that I see a latency issue.

Is this a common issue with ArcGIS Server that others are experiencing? Are there any workarounds? I would very much like to make it easier on our users, not having to incorporate another login/password for them to remember.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
this bug may apply.

Bug NIM-086874

http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/TklNMDg2ODc0

With a large number of services published, ArcCatalog 10.1 SP1 takes a long time to validate and then list services from ArcGIS Server 10.1 SP1 when the Config store is set to a UNC path (Universal Naming Convention) or user account is from an LDAP\Active Directory identity store.

I think this is resolved in 10.2

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
this bug may apply.

Bug NIM-086874

http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/TklNMDg2ODc0

With a large number of services published, ArcCatalog 10.1 SP1 takes a long time to validate and then list services from ArcGIS Server 10.1 SP1 when the Config store is set to a UNC path (Universal Naming Convention) or user account is from an LDAP\Active Directory identity store.

I think this is resolved in 10.2
0 Kudos