Using domains in Model Builder

04-16-2013 10:38 AM
CraigPrisland
New Contributor
Hello all,

I'm working on trying to merge three different road centerlines (different schema) layers into one layer in Model Builder.  I am able to do that but the only issue that I am experiencing is with one of the layers.  I am using domains in this layer and in the final outputted layer I need the coded value in one of the fields and the Description in a different field.  Does anyone have any ideas on how I would go about this?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III
I will surmise you have something like center lines from 3 different counties or regions etc..

Instead of using model builder perhaps you should simply use the the simple data loader.

For the one that needs its coded values to be different you can create new attributes and update those attributes with the coded values you want.

Hello all,

I'm working on trying to merge three different road centerlines (different schema) layers into one layer in Model Builder.  I am able to do that but the only issue that I am experiencing is with one of the layers.  I am using domains in this layer and in the final outputted layer I need the coded value in one of the fields and the Description in a different field.  Does anyone have any ideas on how I would go about this?

Thanks!
0 Kudos