Local Server machine ???LOCALHOST??? has not been configured.

04-15-2013 09:35 AM
JamesHarasen
New Contributor
I can�??t join my machine to my site.

When I open the ArcGIS server manager link from the file:///C:/ESRI/indexpage/ArcGISServer.html address when logged in through remote desktop on the amazon machine, then click on Join Existing Site, provide the address of the site created in Cloud Buider and my username/password, I get this error when I click the Finish button to finish the process:
Local Server machine �??LOCALHOST�?? has not been configured.

I have used Cloud builder to set up the site, I have logged into the site over the net from my local machine through http://arcgis-*sitename*.elb.amazonaws.com/arcgis/manager/ and have published services from the Amazon machine & the services work and I can edit and view them from my local machine over the web.

I have set up connection to the managed egdb database in arcCatalog on the Amazon machine and added the site as a GIS server�?�  
The connection sees my amazon machine�?�I have validated the managedDatabase under the Site>DataStore>ValidateAll when logged in to the site through the manager link through my local machine�?�

But still I get this error and cannot join my machine to the site.  Can anyone help with this?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesHarasen
New Contributor
This has been resolved.  Long story short the IT department set up the instance through AWS with a MICRO site...then passed over the login info etc for GIS to finish - but ArcServer can't exist on a micro site according to the help.  So when the GIS guy logged into the instance and started ArcGIS Server Manager, instead of being prompted for the username and password it prompted with the create site/join existing site dialog since the micro site was apparently not recognized, leading him to think there was no site.  Then the confusion and attempts to create a site in cloudbuilder and join to this already existing instance began, thus the 'Local Server machine �??LOCALHOST�?? has not been configured' message.
0 Kudos