Display attributes of selected feature using c#

04-04-2013 08:43 AM
ababreddy
New Contributor
Hi. I need to show attributes or records of selected feature using C# code. Can any one help Please?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III
Can you be more specific of what you are looking to do?

If you select an feature in an edit session you can see the attributes in the attributes window.  If your no in an edit session  you an use the Info tool.

You can also open the attribute table and from there on the bottom choose the Show Selected Records button and it will only show those that you have selected.

Hi. I need to show attributes or records of selected feature using C# code. Can any one help Please?
0 Kudos
Arreddy
New Contributor
Thanks for quick reply

What i mean is i have 100 linear features in my shape file and all are having different attributes. Instead of opening attribute table everytime to see attributes of selected feature, can see attributes of selected feature in window.
0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III
To see the attributes of a feature you either need to use the info tool or be in an edit session and look at the attributes in the attributes window or you can open the table and see only selected features when you select them.

You can also symbolize the features based on a specific attribute.  For example A phase conductor is all red.   You can create symbols based on up to 3 attributes.

You can also create labels.  For example the A phase conductor.  I also want to know what kind of wire it is and the kV going through it.  So I label it with  Wiretype and kV.

Thanks for quick reply

What i mean is i have 100 linear features in my shape file and all are having different attributes. Instead of opening attribute table everytime to see attributes of selected feature, can see attributes of selected feature in window.
0 Kudos
LeoDonahue
Occasional Contributor III
Thanks for quick reply

In window?  The map window?  Can't you label those features?  I think we are confused at what you want to do.
0 Kudos