Opacity of Dynamic Map

04-04-2013 07:51 AM
VIKRANTKRISHNA
New Contributor III
I have a dynamic map with annotation, point, line and polygon layer. One of the polygon layer is set to be 60% transparent ion Map Document. When I load the dynamic map without setting opacity property, the polygon layer does not show its default transparency. And, if I set the opacity for dynamic map , all the layers shows as transparent.

Is there a way to just show layers as its in Map Document?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
StephenLead
Regular Contributor III
You may need to add that map as two separate dynamic layers, and specify the relevant visibleLayers for each dynamic layer.

- create a dynamic layer for the polygon (eg, visibleLayers = [2]) and set its opacity to 0.6
- create a dynamic layer for the points, lines and annotations (eg, visibleLayers = [0,1,3])
0 Kudos
VIKRANTKRISHNA
New Contributor III
You may need to add that map as two separate dynamic layers, and specify the relevant visibleLayers for each dynamic layer.

- create a dynamic layer for the polygon (eg, visibleLayers = [2]) and set its opacity to 0.6
- create a dynamic layer for the points, lines and annotations (eg, visibleLayers = [0,1,3])

Then how does arcgis.com does it, when you open a dynamic map service in arcgis.com. It shows a layerlist on the left. That means it loads each layer as a synamic layer spaerately?
0 Kudos
StephenLead
Regular Contributor III
Then how does arcgis.com does it, when you open a dynamic map service in arcgis.com. It shows a layerlist on the left. That means it loads each layer as a synamic layer spaerately?

I think ArcGIS.com creates a single dynamicLayer, which contains multiple layerIds. Each layerId is shown as an item in the layer list.

What happens if you add your layer to ArcGIS.com - does the polygon correctly show with 60% transparency?
0 Kudos
VIKRANTKRISHNA
New Contributor III
I think ArcGIS.com creates a single dynamicLayer, which contains multiple layerIds. Each layerId is shown as an item in the layer list.

What happens if you add your layer to ArcGIS.com - does the polygon correctly show with 60% transparency?

Yes, if I add dynamic map to arcgis.com, it shows polygon layer with correct transparency. I guess its loading each layer as separate dynamic map layer.
0 Kudos