fatal error when running AREAL INTERPOLATION (time sensitive)

03-28-2013 01:23 PM
DanielRaizman
New Contributor
Hello!
I am attempting to use the areal interpolation option in the Geostatistical Wizard to interpolate 2011 Greater London output area classifications into the 2001 boundaries.  I have attempted to move through the four steps of the process on five separate machines, without success.  After pressing next after having selected the source dataset and field, I receive a message informing me that Arc has shut down and an option to report the error to ESRI.  Is this a known glitch? Four out of the five computers used never have problems carrying out tasks in Arc 10.1.  It may be important to mention that my dataset is quite large (25000 polygons), but I wouldn't think this would be a problem for 10.1 to handle!
If anyone has any solutions it would be greatly, greatly appreciated!
Thank you
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor
I'm sorry to hear about the crash.

Is it possible for you to zip the data and email it to me (slynch@esri.com)?

Also, please tell me what type of Areal Interpolation you are trying to perform.

What happens if you use a smaller subset of the data?

Thanks
Steve
0 Kudos
DanielRaizman
New Contributor
Steve,
Thank you for your quick response. I'm zipping the files together now, I will send them over as soon as it's done.
0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor
Daniel

Some testing has been done running Desktop under BootCamp and it seems to work OK, however, there may be some issues like the crash you are having.

Please see http://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/arcgis-for-desktop/system-requirements which has as note stating - Please note that ArcGIS for Desktop is not certified or supported on the Mac operating system.

Regards
Steve
0 Kudos