Problem to draw on Android firefox

03-12-2013 09:29 AM
BoPersson
New Contributor
Hello,

I have a serious problem drawing points and lines with esri.toolbars.Draw when using Firefox on Andriod (4.1)
For example, when drawing a point, the position will be more or less faulty.
When drawing a point at the bottom part of the map, the point will be placed in the middle part.
The problems occurs when drawing POINT, POLYLINE,POLYGON but it works OK with FREEHAND_POLYGON

I tested my Andriod Firefox browser on the sample below and the problem is the same

http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/javascript/arcgis/samples/ed_default_editingwidget/index.html

It works ok on all other tested windows Webbrowsers including Firefox.
It also works ok on Android  with Chrome (android) and on IOS.

I am grateful for any suggestions.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
StevenHaslemore
Occasional Contributor
I just wanted to add that I've noticed issues related to map interaction on Android Firefox too.

It appears to be related to features that are on screen as part of a feature layer.

My workflow would only ever have one point feature drawn as part of a feature layer, if that feature was on screen all map click screenPoints would fall within a few pixels of it, if I panned that feature off screen map click would function as expected.

As to whether this is an esri or Firefox issue I'm not sure, perhaps esri could pinpoint it and log a bug with Mozilla?

Annoyingly I'd tuned to firefox as dojo filterselects do not function properly in chrome!
0 Kudos